Monday, May 7, 2012

It's Event Week

Had a pretty good week of training last week.  The post-marathon massage I had on Sunday helped immensely and luckily the twisted knee also cleared up pretty quickly.  The massage therapist also brought up an interesting question:  do I take any joint supplements, such as glucosamine?  I hadn't really thought about it but I'm not getting any younger and I am indeed putting a pretty good pounding on my body so there was no harm in at least investigating the idea.  I found these at Costco.  They were also on sale, only $12, and that covers a bit more than 6 months. 

The event this week is an Olympic tri.  That's a 1500 meters swim (.9 miles); a 40 km bike (24.6 miles); and a 10 km run (6.2 miles).  My goal for these is to break 3 hours.  Might be tough as the course is pretty hilly and the event starts at 10:00 am, which could mean some heat.

Race report coming on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment