Sunday, April 22, 2012

It's Marathon Week!


After about 18 weeks of running 4 days a week on average, it's time!  Up to this point, this has been my mileage during training.

January:  88
February:  95
March:  137
April (so far):  80

I feel about as ready as I'm going to be.  Not terribly worried about the distance but I want to meet my time goal of sub-5 hours.  That means a sub 11:27 mile pace.  The pace team should be a big help.

The other big concern this week is the weather.  Just like Ironman, the weather forecast has changed about 28 times. I've seen highs in the forecast as high as 85 and as low as 61.  The latest is for a low of 45 and a high of the mid-60s. Not sure we could have ordered much better weather. Even if it means some cheap throwaway gloves or an old sweatshirt at the start, that's ok with me.

I have 3 very short runs scheduled for Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday and maybe a couple easy swims.  The expo and packet pick up is Friday as well as a pasta dinner I might attend. 

I'll be back with a full race report next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment