Friday, July 20, 2012

Some Random Thoughts

About 7 weeks from Ironman #2.  I think I'm officially in the dog days of the training.  I just want the event to be here.  The weight is still coming off too.  I was 222 lbs on IMKY day last August and this week I hit 214.  I can't imagine I'll see a 1 for the first number but I guess it's possible?  That makes a total weight loss of 65 pounds lbs from my peak.

To keep me motivated, I tend to watch inspirational videos, movies and documentaries.  The latest is:
I first met Todd Crandell at the Motor City tri in 2011.  I had no idea he was such an ultra-endurance beast.  If I recall we talked for a good long while about Ironman Louisville.  Just shows how low-key Todd is with respect to his achievements.  The documentary follows Todd's attempt at UltraMan Canada.  Whereas an Ironman is a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and a 26.2 mile run, UltraMan is over 3 days and is made up of a 6.2 mile swim, something like 260 miles of biking and a DOUBLE marathon.  A good watch if you get a chance.  If you're local, I also have a copy of the DVD if you'd like to borrow it and pass it along.

I was recently featured on a friend's blog.  I first met Jessie through a mutual friend and she's plunged headfirst into the tri movement locally.  She was already an experienced marathoner but now she's into biking and swimming too. The post about me can be found here: http://blogs.courier-journal.com/accidentalathlete/2012/07/05/triathlons-can-transform-lives/

Finally, I really don't know how it happened but apparently I've agreed to do Ironman Couer d'Alene in Idaho in 2014.  I promise there wasn't any alcohol involved!

Not much else to report.  The training is going well.  I'm up to about 80 mile rides, 10 mile runs and 3000 meter swims.  Shouldn't have any issue with the full distance, just a question of how much faster I can be this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment