Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekly Update

Another week gone.   Really getting into a rhythm and figuring out nutrition and things.  Didn't get a bike in this week as the weather is still iffy.  But did do my longest swim yet, 2500 meters, and still on target to finish the 2.4 miles in 90 minutes on race day. 

I also got the March issue of Triathlete magazine which had a very interesting article on a good recovery drink.  This drink has the right mix of carbohydrates and all that and very similar caloric contents to my normal recovery drink.  Any guesses? BEER!  Even though I gave up beer until after the race as of January 1, I won't feel guilty now if I give in and have one (not 6) after a hard training session. 

The second piece of dietary news is that March 1 marks the 2nd small dietary change I'm making as I approach the race:  no more non-diet soda.  I know soda of any kind has issues but I'm trying to make some small changes as I get closer to IMKY. 

Totals for the week:  some yoga with the focus on the pigeon pose (see last week); 4500 meters swimming; and 19 miles run.

For this week, and as usual, will bike if I can.

Monday: 57 minute interval run.
Tuesday: swim session.
Wednesday: 45 minute run.
Thursday: swim session; sports massage.
Friday: 30 minute run.
Saturday: 1 hour 40 minute run.
Sunday: yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment