Sunday, August 14, 2011

2 Weeks to Go

Still training but slowing down as I continue my taper.  Did about a 60 mile ride and a brick run yesterday as well as a 9.2 mile run today. 

Also did a 3000 meter swim on Thursday.  That swim was scheduled to use a pull buoy and paddle.  But I decided to do it with no gear to get a real feel for my swim progress.  Did 3000 (IM is 3862) in 1 hour 18 minutes.  Since I find that open water if faster (I'm not a flip turner so those push off slow me down), that puts me right on target for a 90-95 minute IM swim.  My goal is to be on my bike saddle at the two hour mark so I'm pleased.

Accuweather has its first forecast for IM day at 86 degrees and dry.  If that's the real result, I won't be complaining.  I know it's still 2 weeks away and things might change but the trend of more reasonable temps continues.

Finally, many cool IM related events coming up so really looking forward to it.   We have the Underpants Run, the IAmTri gathering, the opening dinner, etc.  I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment