Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What's Next?

I'm now 2.5 weeks post-Ironman.  I know myself well enough to know that if I don't have a goal, I might backslide into the old me.  There is no way I'm going to let that happen.  So, what's on the schedule?  In addition to riding with the LBC and running with Ken (I can't swim yet while my IM tat is still healing), here's the plan:

1.  September 18th, The Downtown Doubler.  This is a 15K (9.3 mile) event.  Nice and flat in downtown Louisville.
2.  October 16th, CF Louisville Half Marathon. Similar course.
3.  Another Ironman length event.  Not registered for anything yet but I will be doing one in 2012 along with another half Ironman, at least.

There is also potentially another Ironperson in my house.  Jessica has expressed some interest but while I'll charge headfirst into something, she normally starts small.  I will say she's already ahead of me in one way, she's already completed a marathon.  But I expect her to try an Olympic in 2012, a half in 2013 and maybe an Ironman in 2014.

Because she doesn't have a bike, I surprised her with this.  We're taking our first ride this Saturday, a nice flat 17 miler that's great for beginners.

Not sure on my posting schedule but I'm going to try to post something once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment