Sunday, October 3, 2010

Accessories, Accessories, Accessories!

So now that I've entered the race and have a tri bike, my attention has turned to nutrition and accessories.

Bike Computer? Wrist GPS? Aero bottles? Rear aero bottle cage?  The list is pretty extensive so I won't list them all.

For a computer, I decided to go with a Garmin Forerunner 305 to wear on my wrist.  The price is reasonable, about $150; I'll be able to wear it in the water and it provides cycling and running data.  The cadence sensor is also nice as I'll be shooting for 90 rpm during the bike portion.  Other accessories will come later.

As far as training goes for the weekend, I rode 12 easy miles on Friday night, did 25 minutes of interval running training on Saturday and a pretty hilly and fast 25 bike miles on Sunday morning. 

Next entry in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment