Saturday, December 4, 2010

Another Week, Another Weekly Update

The cold winter weather finally hit us this week including a couple inches of snow and ice.  Not so safe for riding a bike outdoors.  Still going to ride when I can but may have to resign myself to the indoor bike trainer soon or a spin class.  Even had to use the treadmill to run today, which I also rather hate.  I just need to keep at it until the weather turns decent again and really start prepping for the Ironman.

For this week:  3 hours 24 minutes running, an hour in the pool and about 45 miles on the bike.  Was hoping to ride tomorrow (Sunday) but just too slick and sloppy out there.  May pull out the trainer for a few minutes but we'll see.

Some general thoughts on the week that was:  I can't believe I'm now running nearly 2 hours straight without really thinking about it.  I guess this is the point of training, right?  Build up to the Ironman distance slowly but surely and not over train and get injured or disinterested.

The upcoming week will also depend on the weather but the schedule is...

Monday:  20 minute run.
Tuesday:  1 hour 55 minute run.
Wednesday:  1 hour swim.
Thursday:  30 minute run, 25 mile bike.
Friday:  off
Saturday:  30 minute run.
Sunday:  25 mile bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment