Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Post Christmas Update

Back from Disney and enjoying Christmas with my family.  Haven't done much training with the weather so cold, snowy and icy but did get a ton of walking in while at Disney World.  So time to get back into the training.

For the bike, looks like I'm stuck inside for most of January as the Louisville Bicycle Club doesn't have much in terms of outdoor rides and the temps won't be conducive to riding either. 

Will try to run outside when I can and will be going into another of the MiCoach training programs.

Swimming will be probably 1-2 times a week until I hit the official training program kick-off in April.

Looking at the whole year besides just the Ironman, here is the event plan:

1.  Louisville half-marathon in late April.
2.  Motor City Olympic Distance Tri in Detroit in June.  This is basically a 1/4 Ironman.  My pal is the race director and it's in my hometown.  Probably the best tri I've done to date so why not do it again?
3.  Local Louisville half-Ironman.  The nice part about this event is that the swim and bike are on the same river as IMKY and the same bike course.  IMKY is 2 loops around the bike course.
4.  IMKY in August.

Back with an update once I get my new run training finalized and start back at it on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment