Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year

Back into the swing of things starting today after a short holiday break.  Ran for about 4.5 miles today.  Set up my MiCoach on my iPhone for a half-marathon on April 30th (Kentucky Derby 1/2).  I also applied to be a sponsored athlete with 3 Disciplines Racing.  They sponsor anyone from pros down to regular guys like me.  They will be picking 2 people in the next few weeks. Not terribly confident but I love their events so thought I'd give it a try.

In addition to the event schedule I posted and the normal training, I decided to start making some small dietary changes.  Here they are:

January 1:  no more beer.  This one is easy.  I drink about 4-5 a month.
March 1:  no more non-diet soda.  This one will be a little tougher but I don't drink that much real soda.
May 1:  no more fast food.  Healthier options like Subway are ok, but no more burgers and fries.
July 1:  no more diet soda. This one will be tough as I drink plenty of water but also drink a few diet sodas on most days.

I hope these changes will help drop a few pounds here and there as I get closer to the big event.

Finally, training this week:

Monday:  50 minute run.
Tuesday:  off
Wednesday:  35 minute run.
Thursday:  swim workout.
Friday:  30 minute run.
Saturday:  50 minute run. 
Sunday:  hour bike, probably on the trainer indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment