Sunday, January 16, 2011

Weekly Update

Had a good week of training.  Still too cold for me to be outdoors on the bike and just hate riding indoors so decided to focus on running and swimming this week.

Grand totals:  3100 meters of swimming and a bit over 3 hours of running.

Experiencing a little lower back pain but not sure why.  Added some yoga style stretching to the mix as a result and also decided to have my first deep tissue sports massage.  All I can say is wow.  She beat me to a pulp but I know it will pay off later. 

In other news, I wasn't picked as one of the ten 3 Disciplines sponsored athletes.  I knew it was  a long shot but still held out a little hope.

I'm going to stick with a similar plan this week for training.
Monday:  1 hour run.
Tuesday:  Swim session.
Wednesday:  40 minute run.
Thursday:  Swim session.
Friday:  30 minute run.
Saturday:  1 hour run.
Sunday:  off.

If the weather warms, I may try to sneak a short bike ride in.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment