Sunday, January 9, 2011

A New Toy and a Re-Start

231 days to go until IMKY!

After a few weeks of relatively little training over the holidays, really got back into the swing of things this week.  Ran 4 days for a total of about 15 miles and did a 1200 meter swim.  Didn't get on the bike as I had hoped as it's still so cold outside and I just despise riding indoors on the trainer. 

I did pick up a new toy.  Thanks to a nice Christmas gift from my mother in-law, I picked up this:


It's a Timex Global Trainer with a heart rate monitor.  After talking to more and more IM finishers, it seems that HR is one key piece of info you don't want to be without.  It will measure tons of metrics and will also do everything from running to swimming to transition times, etc.  Should be fun to mess with as I start doing my events this year.

Still waiting to hear back from 3 Disciplines Racing about being sponsored.  Hope to know something this week.

Training Schedule for the Week...
Monday:  55 minute run.
Tuesday:  swim workout.
Wednesday:  40 minute run.
Thursday:  swim workout.
Friday: 30 minute run.
Saturday: 55 minute run.
Sunday: off.

Will get more biking in when the weather improves.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment