Thursday, January 20, 2011

"Back" from the doc.

Been suffering some lower back pain over the last 2-3 weeks.  Been training since October so didn't think it had anything to do with the training.  Been feeling a bit better so probably just tweaked, pulled or whatever something so decided to take a trip to my doc.  My wife also insisted I get his blessing to do the Ironman thing.  While I was there I decided to ask about my blood pressure meds and maybe reducing or eliminating them.

1.  The back is fine, nothing wrong that requires surgery or anything.
2.  He said go for it.
3.  Down to 1 small dose of 1 medication.  Maybe I can be off them completely in a few months?

On the training front...

1 hour run on Monday, 1400 meter swim on Tuesday.  Scheduled for a 40 minute run yesterday but with the back soreness turned it into a brisk walk instead.  1500 meter swim today.

Scheduled for a 30 minute run tomorrow but going skiing and some cross-training never hurts.  May run in the evening but we'll see. 

Next update on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment