Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ain't That a Kick in the Teeth?

My wife recently picked up one of those at home blood pressure monitors.  Since I hadn't checked mine in a while, I did a reading.  150ish/110. Hmm.  Must be something wrong.  Were my legs crossed? Cuff too tight?  So I did it again.  Similar result.  Getting a little worried.  But not much I could do on a Sunday evening.

Monday morning, I had to run to the store for a couple things so used the pharmacy's blood pressure machine.  168/112(!!).  I immediately called my doctor and had an appointment a few hours later.  140/100 with a nurse taking it.  Not as killer as when I first started this journey but still disappointing.  He was pleased with the weight loss, finishing the Ironman and all that and told me that sometimes you can't fight genetics. 

So back on the lowest dose of Norvasc.  Upset but what can I do except keep working hard? 

No comments:

Post a Comment