Thursday, October 20, 2011

Some Thoughts on the Last 2 Years and 9 Months

I went shopping today for some cold weather running gear and as I was trying on some size large pants (I used to think about XL v. XXL) and nearly fitting in a medium, it really hit me how far I've come.  Since January 2009, when I got the shock of my life with massively high blood pressure...

Lost about 60-65 pounds.
Off blood pressure medication completely.
Completed several sprint triathlons.
Ridden over 5,000 miles with the Louisville Bicycle Club and several hundred more on my own or with training partners.
Completed an Olympic distance triathlon.
Swam over 100 miles.
Ran over 1100 miles.
Completed 2 half-marathons.
Completed a half-Ironman.
Completed several other smaller running events.
Completed an Ironman.
Signed up for my second Ironman.
Fit in a jeans size I used to wear in high school.
Contemplating a stand alone full marathon.
Made some great friends or strengthened the relationship with friends I already had.
Inspired others and got inspiration from them.

Now I need another event on my calendar.  Trail running?  I've never tried it but that didn't stop me from trying all that crazy stuff I listed above, right?

Maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment