Monday, October 3, 2011

Week in Review

Still training in all 3 disciplines and have 2 official events on the schedule, The Bourbon Chase and a half-marathon.  I will be posting a full report on the Chase next Sunday.

The highlight of the week was a 10.3 mile run.  It was one of those days (see the next paragraph) but I survived.  

Since part of the reason for this blog is accountability and honesty, I had a big wake-up call over the weekend.  I was running around on Friday, doing errands, etc. when I decided to grab something quick for lunch, McDonald's.  I hadn't eaten it in quite a long time and paid for it.  After 3 days, my stomach is finally back to normal.  Unrelated?  Causal?  Bad luck?  Not entirely certain, but I've stayed away from that stuff for months and it just reinforced my resolve to keep doing so.

Finally, a friend asked me to post a link to his cancer fundraising page.  My pal and training partner, Ken, is raising money for prostate cancer research.  You can find information and a link here.  He'll take any donation, no matter how small.

No comments:

Post a Comment