Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mid-week Update: Just add water

Yesterday was one of those days.  Felt heavy, slow, and had to fight the urge to walk for most of the 90 minute run.  But I survived and did it.  Not my greatest performance, close to 11 per mile but I finished the 90 minutes.

Today's goal was to get in the water and do something.  So started with a short 500 meter warm up.  For some reason, my local pool puts up a barrier this time of year so that the laps are 25 meters instead of the usual Olympic size 50.  So all that stopping and starting the wall makes it hard to keep track and get into a rhythm, at least for me.

After that, decided to try to teach myself to breath bilaterally.  The reason is that with only breathing from the right, I was having trouble getting to a 4th stroke and ended up breathing at all these odd intervals.  So did 25 meter segments for a while, working on breathing.  After about another 300-400 meters, I think I finally have it down.  Will see how it feels the next time I swim.

Running and biking tomorrow, then off to a conference.  Makes it hard to get much biking in this week.

Next update on Saturday or Sunday.

P.S. While I was swimming, there was a water aerobics class going on.  They play all sorts of cheesy music.  But right in the middle of the class, I hear "Rock and Roll High School" from The Ramones.  So a bunch of old ladies dancing in the water to The Ramones.  *boggle*

No comments:

Post a Comment