Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wednesday Update

Did my Monday run as scheduled, a short 20 minute leg stretcher.  However, we had a much needed day of rain Tuesday so re-arranged my schedule and traded Tuesday's run for Wednesday's swim. 

Did about 600 meters in the pool, again focusing on bilateral breathing.  Kept on eye on my pace too as the time limit for the swim is 2 hours 20 minutes.  After several splits, it looks like at the moment, I'm on target for a 1 hour 45 minute swim.  I'm hoping to get that down to 90 minutes before the race.  So far so good.

Today's run was nearly 9 miles and I ran the entire time with no walking breaks.  A little soreness in my right shin so will have to keep an eye on it.  The bigger issue today was nutrition.  I've been running with a 24 ounce or so water bottle and then using Hammer Gel every 20-25 minutes or so, just a quick squirt.  However, at the 75 minute mark, I took a shot from my gel flask and just felt like spitting it right back out.  I love the Hammer Nutrition products but might have to experiment with something more solid.

Update on Sunday. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment