Sunday, July 17, 2011

It's Getting Close

So today ended week 14 and tomorrow begins weeks 15 - 18, "The Final Prep."  Holy cow, it's almost here!

Had a really great weekend of training after spending the first part of the week on recovery from the half.  Did a 70 mile ride and a 3 mile brick run yesterday and a 10 mile hot humid hilly run today.  It was so humid, when I got done, it looked like I had been swimming!

I also started using Ironman Perform as my training drink as it will be used on the course.  Seems to be a good product. 

Now, some inspiration (courtesy of my pal Ken):


The reason I'm doing IMKY is because of the woman at 8:42.  I "caught" her at the finish, gave her the medal and all that.  She was a recent chemotherapy patient! If that doesn't inspire you, nothing will.

For this week's training...

Monday:  off.
Tuesday:  2800 meter swim; 40 minute run.
Wednesday:  50 minute ride; 20 minute run off the bike.
Thursday:  3000 meter swim; 50 minute run.
Friday:  2200 meter swim.
Saturday:  80 or 112 mile ride on the course; brick run.
Sunday:  2 hour 10 minute run.

See you Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment