Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weekly Update

Didn't do a mid-week update so sorry for everyone who was sitting on the edge of their seats! haha

Did 80 miles of the IM course yesterday in some pretty extreme temperatures.  Followed that up with a 12 mile run/walk today, another hot one.  I've come to the realization that I'm going to be walking a lot but I've got my fast walk down to a science:  13ish minutes per mile.  If I can average that during IMKY, I'd be pretty happy.

I'm learning more and more than I simply must take it easy on the first part of the bike course.  As one IMKY guide said, "For the first 90 minutes/2 hours, JRA."  JRA you ask? Just ride along.  I'm also still having hydration/nutrition issues.  I felt like I was drinking as much as I could yesterday and still felt like crap at the end of the ride.  Even vomited like crazy when I stopped at a gas station for a Gatorade.  So I did a little consulting with a tri coach last night at a local tri event.  He suggested water water water and take it easy on the sports drinks.  Add to that tons of electrolytes and I should be set.  Not to avoid sports drinks altogether but it can't be the focus.  Finally, for nutrition, he suggested going solid so going to try that on my next long ride as well.

Totals for the week:  100 miles on the bike; 20 miles running; and 7600 meters swimming.

For the upcoming week...

Monday:  off.
Tuesday:  2650 meter swim; 40 minute run.
Wednesday:  60 minute TT ride; 30 minute brick run.
Thursday:  3000 meter swim; 50 minute interval run.
Friday:  2200 meter swim.
Saturday:  3 hour ride; 30 minute brick run.
Sunday:  12-15 mile run, depending on temps and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment