Sunday, July 3, 2011

End of Recovery, Time to Race!

Today finished up my recovery week.  My next prep event is on Saturday, a 1/2 Ironman on much of the same course as IMKY.  So should be a perfect way to prepare.

So the question then is how much to train this week as I get ready for Saturday?  I'm going to do my normal Tuesday/Wednesday (Monday is my off day) and then maybe just do something to stretch my legs on Thursday and Friday.

For the week:

Swimming:  4100 meters.
Biking:  52 miles.
Running:  15.7 miles.

Upcoming Schedule:

Monday: off.
Tuesday:  2600 meter swim; 40 minute run.
Wednesday:  1 hour 20 minute ride with 20 minute time trial effort in the middle.
Thursday:  Something easy to stretch the legs.
Friday:  Something easy to stretch the legs.
Saturday:  1/2 Ironman.
Sunday:  off.

Next update after the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment