Sunday, April 24, 2011

End of Week 2

Today ended the second week, of 20, of my IMKY training program.  The big event this week was my longest run ever today at 11.5 miles (18.5 km).  Not that I was super strong at the end but I am feeling very good about the mini marathon on Saturday.  I'm certain I could have gone another 1.5 miles.  The only issue was feeling like I could have used another dose of electrolytes toward the end.  Will make the adjustment on Saturday.

The bad news of the week was yesterday's IMKY training ride.  We've had so much rain that's it just dangerous to ride the course as a lot of it is near the river.  That means I got to spend 2 hours indoors on the bike trainer, which I just hate.

For the week:  15 miles run; nearly 4 hours cycling; and 5300 meters swimming.

Week 3 starts tomorrow with a slight deviation for the mini-marathon on Saturday, my normal long biking day.  After this week, I plan on following the plan as closely as possible until event day.

Monday:  70 minutes on bike trainer with some intervals.
Tuesday:  2000 meter swim; 30 minute run.
Wednesday:  70 minutes cycling.
Thursday:  2500 meter swim; 30 minute run.
Friday:  3400 meter swim.
Saturday:  Kentucky Derby Festival Mini Marathon.
Sunday:  3 hours cycling.

See you Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment