Thursday, April 28, 2011

Here Comes the Sun!

So after what seemed like a month of rain/storms/floods/tornadoes we finally have a break in the weather.  Been stuck indoors on my bike, didn't get the ride the IMKY course on Saturday and so on.

The swim volume is really picking but so is my endurance.  Since I've been cycling for a few years and also running regularly, I'm feeling good about the event in August.

Monday was an interval based bike ride indoors meant to simulate hills and Tuesday was a 2000 meter swim.  Yesterday, I think was the hardest I've ever worked in a bike.  On the trainer were several big gear go as hard as you can intervals meant to simulate time trial conditions. 

Today was my longest swim ever I think:  2500 meters.  Felt really good. After some recovery time, I followed that with an interval run on the treadmill.  I don't have the dexterity to hop off and on the treadmill with it going 8-9 mph so I had to modify it slightly. 

For the rest of the week is another swim workout tomorrow, 3400 meters total, which is nearly the IM distance.  Saturday is the big day:  my first mini(half) marathon.  Weather is supposed to be nice so should be a fun day.  Because of that, had to move my long bike to Sunday.

Next update on Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment