Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mid-Week Update

Finished up today with day 3 out of 140.  I knew it was going to feel "light" at first as I selected a beginner level plan and had been regularly doing the 3 disciplines over the winter.  However, I'm determined to stick with the plan.

Monday was a 60 minute easy bike ride.  I was hoping the weather would hold but ended up riding the trainer indoors as it rained and stormed for something like 15 consecutive hours in Louisville.  So cranked up Netflix on the PS3 and watched 3 episodes of The Office while I rode.  Still a bit boring but The Office certainly made it more bearable.

Tuesday was a 1400 meter swim with some 25 meter sprints built in to get you used to the feeling of swimming fast.  As I said in my Sunday post, I planned on using cycling as an active recovery tool and still enjoy some cycling with my LBC buddies.  Tuesday evening's weather was sunny and about 63 (17 C for my international friends) so couldn't resist.  Chose the short route however and forced myself to ride nice and easy.

Today was another 60 minute easy bike ride and the weather was perfect outside in long sleeves.  So did a couple Seneca/Cherokee Park loops and again forced myself to take it easy.  As all the training programs say, "make the easy days easy and the hard days hard."

Finally, my running buddy Ken and I made a slight change to our Sunday long run this week.  We're going to head to Indianapolis and run with Dean Karnazes, the guy who is currently running across the USA over 75 days.  The event will raise money for charity and also have us running on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway's track. Should I bring a quart of milk to drink at the finish and kiss the bricks?  I'll post some shots of our fun next week.

Swimming and running tomorrow, biking Saturday, update on Sunday.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment