Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Short Update

Today was day 10/140.  Did an indoor ride on Monday with some low cadence intervals built in, a swim yesterday and a 75 minute ride around the parks today.  The riding distances are starting to pick up, which makes sense as the bike portion is the longest part of the day. 

I'm riding part of the Ironman course as my long bike on Saturday with several other potential Iron folks.  For a $10 donation, you get nutrition, support, etc.  Very good deal for all that you get.  I have no crazy ideas of trying to go the full 112 miles (180 km) this early in the season but I hope to make the 60 mile route that's offered, which I assume will be one loop of the two loop IMKY course.  This is going to be one huge benefit of living in the city you're doing: I can train on the actual course.  It's also going to be time to start testing my race day nutrition.

To finish up the week, I have 2 runs and 2 swims to go with the long bike. 

See you on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment