Sunday, May 1, 2011

A "Half" An Update

So ends week 3 of 20. 

The week began with a ride on the trainer with some intense intervals and ended with my first ever half-marathon and in-between was a 3400 meter swim, which is nearly the IMKY distance.



On Saturday, I completed the Kentucky Derby Festival Half-Marathon in 2:20 or an average of 10:41 per mile.  Since I usually go 11-11:30 per mile on long runs, I was very happy with the result.  But it did come at a price.  I was supposed to have a 3 hour bike ride today but needed a recovery from the 13.1 miles yesterday.  Ended up taking the day off.  Recovery will be helped tomorrow with a deep tissue massage. 

I also made a decision about the running part of my plan. Since I was so far ahead of the plan mileage running, I wasn't sure if I wanted to let the plan catch up to me or scale back the running to the plan mileage.  Well, after the required recovery for today, I think running 10-12 miles a weekend at this point would just hurt me so I've decided to move back to the plan distances.

For the week:   7300 meters swimming; 16 miles run; and 2 hours 10 minutes cycling.

The week ahead...

Monday:  70 minutes on the bike trainer with some hard intervals.
Tuesday:  2000 meter swim; 30 minute run.
Wednesday:  70 minutes on bike with some time trial intervals.
Thursday:  1500 meter swim; 35 minute run.
Friday:  3400 meter swim.
Saturday:  3 hours cycling.
Sunday:  40 minute run.

No comments:

Post a Comment