Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hydration and Bike Fit Update

If you've read my last post from Sunday, you know I had a rough time on a ride on the IMKY course.  Dehydration and massive shoulder pain nearly had me in tears.  So in addition to my regularly scheduled training, I called the shop that fit my bit back in September and spoke with Hammer Nutrition and read a ton on hydration and nutrition.

I have a re-fit (updated fit?) scheduled for Friday but on my training ride today, I took more notice of my positioning.  I'm almost 100% certain that I'm simply too far forward on the handle bars.  This causes my elbows to lock, putting a lot of stress on my upper body and shoulders.  So hopefully just a change to that position will get it cured. 

On the hydration front, I think I was on the right track, I just didn't do enough.  I'm going to have to consciously think about water and electrolyte intake and not just assume I'm doing enough to get through. 

For the rest of the week:  2 swims, 2 runs and a long ride/brick run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment