Sunday, May 8, 2011

Week 5: "Toughening Your Constitution"

Today ends the first phase of IMKY training, "Building a Routine."  This week the totals were:

Running:  10 miles including some wicked fast intervals.
Biking:  2 hours on the trainer with some hard intervals and 67 miles outdoor including today's easy recovery spin.
Swimming:  6900 meters.

These totals are still amazing to me.  Not that I'm some super athlete but that I can do all that when last year at this time, I was just cycling, and not very hard at that.

So, as the title says, I'm into the next 5 week segment.  This section is about toughening my body and mind.  From what I've read about people who've finished Ironman length events, the mind may be the toughest part of it all.

So here we go...

Monday:  60 minutes on the bike trainer with some hard intervals.
Tuesday:  1600 meter swim; 35 minute run.
Wednesday:  60 minutes on the bike with 2 time trial segments.
Thursday:  2000 meter swim; 45 minute interval run.
Friday:  3400 meter swim.
Saturday:  3 hour bike ride and 30 minute run off the bike.
Sunday:  60 minute run and active recovery.

I'll try to do a mid-week update.  See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment