Sunday, May 15, 2011

Laying the First "Brick" in the Foundation.

Week 5 done!

Hard to believe it's already been 5 weeks of training.  "Only" 15 to go until event day. 

The end of the week included my first brick run.  Rode 45 miles on the bike followed by a 30 minute easy run.  Not that I'm anywhere near IM distance but felt like I could have run all day after the ride. 

Also seeing more of the benefits of all the training.  I've got to learn not to buy the "loose" fat guy cut in clothes.  I haven't lost too many inches in my waist but chest, thighs, etc. are really a lot smaller.  This means those loose fit pants and shirts aren't looking so good on me.

For the week:

13.6 miles run; 7000 meters swimming; 60 miles ridden on the road; 2 hours on the indoor bike trainer.

Week 6 starts tomorrow:

Monday:  1 hour bike with some hard intervals.
Tuesday:  2000 meter swim; 35 minute run.
Wednesday:  80 minute bike with some time trial intervals.
Thursday:  2500 meter swim; 45 minute interval run.
Friday:  3400 meter swim;
Saturday:  3.5 hour bike; 30 minute run off the bike.
Sunday:  50 minute run; active recovery.

See you mid-week!

No comments:

Post a Comment