Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Time for a Quick Adjustment to the Plan

If you've been keeping up with this blog for very long, you know I've been using a 20 week IM training plan from TriFuel.  I had a bit of an epiphany on Sunday after writing my end of week post...

I had essentially trained every day for 35 days in a row and for lack of a better term, I was getting a bit frazzled.  I'm not sure why, but the training plan I selected for being a bit heavier on swimming, which I needed, didn't really build any pure days off and I'm not quite sure what the theory is behind no days off.

So I consulted a book I bought back in September when I signed up for IMKY.


I noticed that he always gave Mondays off, regardless of the plan's level, tri distance, etc.  So I cross-referenced my plan with the corresponding week in that book for the same plan level and even with taking Mondays off, the training load was the same.  That settled it and from now on, I'm taking Mondays off.

For the rest of the week, I have 2 bike rides, 2 swims and 3 runs left.  On Saturday, we try again to ride part of the actual IMKY course with several other entrants.  Hopefully the weather holds.  That's a big advantage, being able to ride the actual course all summer.

See you at the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment