Sunday, June 5, 2011

Building Some Heat Acclimation

We've had a string of 90+ F days locally so running/biking in the heat has been the usual.  But that's ok because IMKY will almost certainly be hot.  Luckily I have some friends who are willing to train out there in this heat with me which makes it so much easier.  Not that it's suddenly easy to run/bike in the heat but I am starting to get used to it.

This week was partially recovery so the totals won't be so big.  Grand totals:  7300 meters swimming; 15 miles running; and 82 miles on the bike.

This week will be a little different as I have my first race of the season on Sunday, the Motor City Tri (1.5k swim, 23 mile bike, 6.6 mile run).  I'm also really excited to see my daughter try the kids version on Saturday, her second triathlon.

Monday:  off.
Tuesday:  2400 meter swim; 35 minute run.
Wednesday:  1 hour 20 minute ride with a 30 minute TT interval in the middle.
Thursday:  3000 meter swim; 45 minute interval run.
Friday:  off (tapering for Sunday).
Saturday:  Volunteering at kids triathlon, will try to test my new wetsuit at the Motor City Tri.
Sunday:  Race day!

No comments:

Post a Comment