Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Enjoying a Recovery Week

Right in the middle of a recovery week.  Did something today that I haven't done in a very long time....

I rode my bike.

I know it sounds strange but it seems lately that every bike ride has a purpose, a time limit, a destination.  But today, it was a 40 minute easy recovery ride so I just rode around my local area.  Listening to the birds, smiling at some the people out and about, exploring new streets, etc. 

On another bike related note, I reserved my race wheels from my local tri shop.  I'm not willing to spend upwards of $2000 to own a set but for $150, VO2 will do all the work including changing out the cassette and all that to set me up for IMKY.  The wheels I'll be getting are these:

Pretty nice for $150 for the week, eh?

For the rest of the week:  2 runs, 2 swims and a ride/run brick.  See you Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment