Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Finally Got My Long Ride In

A mid-week update...

Finally got that long ride in that was rained out all last weekend.  Rode about 65 on Monday, which is normally a day off.  Felt good.  But still odd to think that I'm still 47 miles away from IM distance. 

Did my normal Tuesday swim, which has changed slightly, incorporating more intervals.  Today was a 90 minute ride, including a hard 30 minute time trial effort.

Here I am, after the ride.

My friend Jaco says I need to smile more so that's a better effort on my part.

Going to actually take the day off tomorrow, to take my daughter to Holiday World.  I'm sure I'll be racking up plenty of walking miles.  At the water park, I'll be sure to work on my cycler's tan.



I don't think mine is quite that bad but you get the idea.  Basically, my torso is pearly white and if I try to swim in the river on IMKY day like that, I'll be burned to a crisp before I get on my bike.  Hopefully, after tomorrow, I won't be so white.

The week finishes up with a swim, long ride/brick run and long run.

See you Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment